Friday, May 21, 2010

Night Venom Update.


 I finally got a chance to fly my new green night Vyper and it is as solid as the other two I built. I took my sweet time getting everything perfect on it and I'm very pleased with how it came out. I usually can't build one that meets my unreasonable standards, but this time I came close enough.



The green is absolutely beautiful in the air. The green (on top) and blue (on bottom) seems to be the brightest of the colors available (except white, which is blinding), and like this it is extremely easy to see and keep good orientation. Since the first night Vyper, I added a strip along the training edge of the wing, and that really make the profile stand out. There's never any question which way it's going.

Very, very pleased with this one, but unfortunately it goes into backup service until I need it. This is actually good because now I can get really crazy with the first night Vyper!



We also shot a sunset video with my yellow Vyper a few weeks ago, but have just now gotten around to editing it.. The flying isn't spectacular or anything, but the sunset and the vibe is pretty cool.









Oh, while we're having Vyper mania, we also went out on a Sunday when the wind was absolutely howling and it was really too crazy to be flying. I played some interesting wind games with the Vyper, and it's surprisingly good in the wind, probably the best of all the 46-47" planes I've owned.


No comments:

Post a Comment